The month commenced with the first Business Meeting on HLURB Board Resolution 890 and new Memorandum Circulars with HLURB Commissioner and CEO, Atty. Antonio Bernardo, as the Guest speaker. It was held at Dusit Thani Hotel and was well-attended. The Execom meeting was held on March 6 and Board officers proceeded to BOI for the Public hearing on 2013 IPP guidelines. SHDA proposed amendments to the guidelines. On March 8-10, Chairman and National President Paul H. Tanchi, attended a meeting of the Real Estate Housing Developers Association (REHDA) with members from Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia , Thailand and Philippines.
Several meetings were attended by SHDA members of the board led by the Chairman and National President Paul Tanchi as follow-ups on previous meetings such as those with DILG Usec Fernandez, HUDCC Director Ronald Fontamillas, PIDS, BIR Deputy Commissioner Aspe, HDMF TWG and PHILVOCS Director Renato Solidum. Committee meetings are continuously being held.
The 2nd Chapter (Northern Mindanao) visit, headed by Paul Tanchi and other members of the Board, was held on March 15 at Cagayan de Oro. On March 19, Paul Tanchi, together with the chairman of Production committee and others met with officers of HOLCIM to discuss the renewal of the SHDA-HOLCIM MOA.
The Board meeting was held on March 20. Highlights of the meeting were as follows:
- Reports on updates of all committees as well as on what transpired re – meetings held/attended.
- Approvals were made on the following:
- SHDA Position Paper on BOI ITH which included increase rather than decrease on the prescribed time period and the realignment of both the HLURB and BOI rulings on socialized housing compliance;
- applications for regular membership of Bumbaran Development Corporation and Laurasia Realty Corporation as well as for affiliate membership of Ferris Sobelle Properties, Push Technology and Pureflex Wires and Cables; and
- the request of Cagayan de Oro Chapter to form the Pagadian Chapter subject to the study by the committee on the minimum number of members required to form a chapter.